Thursday, October 1, 2009

So far behind...

On laundry.

On posting pictures.

On cleaning up the house.

On returning phone calls and emails.

On buying groceries and menu planning.

But...I have had so much fun with friends in the last couple weeks. Consignment sale preparations. Beach trip. CR. Lunches. Playing outside.

One of my closest friends lost her father this past week. He was only 60 and far too young to die. He lived a hard life here in the end and made some choices that sealed his fate and I wish it could have been different. He was a good man that was caught up in his illness but he loved his family the best way he knew how. I keep telling her to cling to that.

I also have had a couple ladies drop out of CR due to relapse or their codependency and their partner relapsing. It is very frustrating and makes me sad but you can't force someone to get better. They have to want it. It's like we keep saying in group....maybe they just need a little more pain.

This weekend is dinner with friends, visiting inlaws and getting Direct TV installed. Why I'm not exactly sure since we don't really watch television. Kind of interesting but we want DVR capability to record the few things we are ever interested in seeing. The kids watch their cartoons but John and I...not so much.

8 more days until Walt Disney World. Cannot wait!

No comments: