Friday, May 15, 2009

Running

I never thought I would be a runner. It has never really held any draw for me and I thought people who did it were a little kooky. I mean why go out early in the morning to do something that leaves you gasping for air and sweating like a pig? Or am I the only one who is gasping and pig-like after a run?

But...I am getting into it. I can see the distance I go increasing week by week. I started out being able to run for about a minute before I had to stop and walk. Now, I'm up to running almost 3/4 of a mile before I have to stop.

My total distance has increase from a mile to a mile and a half. My time is improving as well.

Now my feet don't hit the floor in the morning just dying to go run but once I get out there I'm ready to go and feel a great sense of accomplishment once I cross that point where I know I'm done for the day.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I don't run.

And I dread the day that a big dog is chasing me or something...because then I would be forced to. And that thought scares me...maybe even more than the dog.

Props to you though for lacing up your running shoes.