Friday, January 22, 2010

Beauty from Ashes

Beauty from ashes. I love that phrase from the Bible. I have seen so many examples in the last few years of God taking something ugly and turning it into something blossoming and beautiful.

Having a lot of down time in the last couple weeks I have sat and thought of how many blessings I have in my life.

I have a husband that loves me beyond measure and that looked passed my ashes and saw beauty. God took that and made our marriage stronger and helped us become whole again. We are coming up on 10 years of being married.

I have 3 children that are healthy. That alone is so much more than many people have.

I have parents that love me even when we don't agree.

I have friends that are there for me when I need them and know when I need to be alone. They cheer with me when I succeed and cry with me when I am hurting.

I have a house we have lovingly made into a home. I can't imagine living anywhere else and I know that one day we may decide to move or need to move but this is our home...even more so than the first house we lived in when we got married.

I am amazed time and time again how God has intervened throughout my life and helped pull me through events...some of my own making and some I had no control over.

It is so easy to get caught up in the ashes of life...the injustices...the failures...but I'm making an effort to see the beauty more.

No comments: