Friday, April 3, 2009

I had nothing to do with it...

One of our fish is acting weird. Swimming on his side. I figure he is dying but he has been doing this for almost 24 hours now and has yet to kick the bucket.

I took him out of the main aquarium and put him in a separate one to hopefully keep the other fish from getting anything if he's sick.

Tonight John and I were going over what possibly might be wrong...like we have any clue.

Josh was oblivious...or so I thought...playing his DS game.

Me to John: "Hmmm...do you think maybe his fin is hurt?"

John: "No...he seems to be using it fine."

Me: "Maybe he's just old and it's his time?"

John: "Maybe. It just seems weird he's lasted this long on his side though..."

John: "Do you think it could be pregnant maybe?"

Me: "Um...all the fish are males...if it is pregnant then somebody has some explaining to do."

Small little voice from the couch: "I haven't TOUCHED that fish!"

John and I then burst out in inappropriate laughter and Josh has no clue why what he said was so funny. He just heard that somebody had some explaining to do and wanted to make sure his butt was covered.

Classic.

8 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

too funny!

(Call me if you're still online and feel like chatting. I'm not doing anything tonight.)

Amber said...

If this was happening in my house...my boys would SO be the cause of the busted fin. And then would say, "I haven't touched that fish!"

FUNNY!! :)

Hope Nemo pulls through.

Chris said...

How funny! Sounds like I have a lot to look forward to :)

Jess said...

Sorry - accidentally posted that last one under my hubby's account!!! :)

momstheword said...

Very funny! Love the logic of your son, hehehe!

We had a fish that was doing that once, don't know why but he recovered and go back to normal. Very wierd. Have you googled it?

Giving Love Encounters said...

I found your blog through my sister's (well SIL but who's keeping track! :)) -- Worth The Wait.

Funny story. And what a blessing of a family you have.

Blessings,
Kristen

3boysmom said...

Oh, that is so funny! I can just hear my boys saying the exact same thing.

Liz Blalock said...

So funny!!!! I can relate to this. I have one just like him.