Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Don't Get It

I had a lot of free time this past weekend so I sat down and read the Twilight books. All 4 of them. My son is into them so I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I had been told they might not be such a good thing for him to read but I didn't see anything that made me raise my eyebrows too much.

Please don't hurt me but...I don't get it.

I mean, they were decent reads and I can see why teenage girls would go nuts over them, but the main female character? I wanted the vampires to eat her because she was so indecisive and whiny.

To each his own but I just don't get it.


In other news, Josh had a good birthday. I surprised him and Patrick on Friday by checking them out of school and taking them to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3-D. It was a big hit with them.

I also found a birthday card for Josh that sings a song from Madagascar 2...the one that Moto Moto sings? "I like em' big...I like em' chunky..."

Josh loves going around singing that but he HATES it when we catch him doing it and laugh about it.

He opened the card and cracked up.

Good times.

4 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

I still haven't read Twilight...am I the only one left now? :)

Amber said...

Okay...I'll forgive you for not liking Twilight. I honestly think I'm a 13 year old girl stuck in a 32 year old body. I also like High School Musical, the Jonas Brothers, and Hannah Montana.

momstheword said...

I haven't read the books but my friend's daughter loves them!

Happy birthday to your son!

Sherry Gann said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!