Tuesday, April 28, 2009

While I'm Waiting...

Several of you have asked how the job search is going. First, I appreciate so much all of your prayers. For now, the job search is going very slowly. I've been looking since February and there just aren't any positions in my field right now.

I'm accepting that it might be Fall before something opens up. John and I pray nightly that God intervene in our situation but first and foremost, we are praying that overall His will be done in this and He get glory in the outcome. Now before I sound too grounded in this...this is a very hard prayer to pray. I definitely have days where I am frustrated and sad and yes, even angry at God. But, how thankful I am that He can take all of my feelings and He wants me to give them to Him.

For the last few weeks after I take the boys to the bus stop I've been jogging around the lake in our subdivision.

This serves 2 purposes: 1) Maybe I can finally drop those last 10 baby weight pounds and 2) I spend some quality time talking and listening to God. Normally no one else is out and I can close my eyes and hear birds. I can walk around and watch the Mama Duck with her new babies and how she nurtures them. There are 2 spots on the track that when the wind is blowing just right you can smell honeysuckle. I walk around in awe of our beautiful world but more importantly, our Creator that made all this for us and provides for us daily.

Some days I have my iPod with me and this morning the song, While I'm Waiting (by John Waller) was playing. If you are not familiar with this song, go download it right now. I'm sure the neighbors around the lake (if they are looking out their windows at 7:15 AM) wonder who this crazy lady is jogging around, singing and lifting up her hands in the air.

Anyway, some of the lyrics...I've posted them before but I just love them.


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait


Pretty appropriate at this season in my life, don't you think?

So, on days that I feel frustrated and sad and angry, I hold on to what I have said from Day One: I set my heart to God's timing. As sure as He is, I know my circumstances will change. I trust you, Father.

BUT, in the meantime, I will serve. I will worship. And...I will wait.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Praying for you, girl.