Friday, August 14, 2009

A little of this...a little of that

I had some time at the bookstore yesterday and I really am going to have plenty to read over the next few weeks:

He Chose the Nails--Max Lucado
No Wonder They Call Him the Savior--Max Lucado
Come Thirsty--Max Lucado
The Space Between Us--Thrity Umrigar
What is the What--Dave Eggers
Nineteen Minutes--Jodi Picoult
Psalm 91--Prayer of Protection--Peggy Joyce Ruth
Cast of Characters--Max Lucado
Going Public with Your Faith--William Carr Peel/Walt Larimore

So excited to get started! And it looks like I'm hitting the beach September 24--27 with some friends so I should have lots of time to spend on reading and soaking up some sun while making plans for the upcoming semester of Celebrate Recovery.

The boys had great first days of school. They both are excited this year and I think working with them during the summer helped keep them prepared and ready for the new year. They are making so many new friends lately and I'm so thankful God has placed them where He has and brought the people into their lives that He has as well.

I'm ready to start the new job. It is full of potential for me to share about CR, things going on at Westwood, what God has been doing in our lives. Some people look at work as a negative but I know God has me where He wants me and is giving me opportunity after opportunity to share my faith. Too many things fell into place with this job that I haven't shared that lets me know I'm where I need to be for now.

John starts his new job on the 31st and he is very excited as well.

And we have a surprise for the boys in October...heading back to Disney for a few days. They have a mini break from school and we have some extra time ourselves so this will be a great time for us to make some more memories with them. I'm also thankful we have the option to do things like this with them while they are still young enough to enjoy them and still want to take family trips.

It is shaping up to be an exciting late summer/early fall for the Pucketts. :o)

1 comment:

Sherry Gann said...

I'm glad the boys' school year has gotten off to a good start--and thrilled to hear that everything worked out with the new job for John!! :D

Sounds like things couldn't be better!