Friday, June 5, 2009

Anger

I'm much better than I use to be but I still have moments where I completely blow my top. Lately I'm running into so many people that share with me they have problems being in control of their tempers.

I ran across a verse that I'm memorizing to help keep me in check when I feel myself start to explode.

James 1:19-22

19 My dear brothers and sisters, pay attention to what I say. Everyone should be quick to listen. But they should be slow to speak. They should be slow to get angry. 20 A man's anger doesn't produce the kind of life God wants.
21 So get rid of everything that is dirty and sinful. Get rid of the evil that is all around us. Don't be too proud to accept the word that is planted in you. It can save you.
22 Don't just listen to the word. You fool yourselves if you do that. You must do what it says.

1 comment:

Sherry Gann said...

Repeating those verses would be way better than counting to 10. :)