Monday, June 8, 2009

Little Sponges

Today, our church kicked off our Vacation Bible School. As of last count, we had 700 kids registered! How awesome is that!

I am teaching 2-3 year olds and I love my little group. They are just precious and had a great first day at VBS. I love to see them soak up everything. I had one little guy tell me today that I needed to push him so high on the swing "that I could touch Jesus."

Patrick is volunteering all week with various classes and so far so good. His baptism is scheduled for this Sunday and I am so excited to watch him take this next step. He has his moments and tries my patience, daily (much as I'm sure I do God on a daily basis as well) but overall he is a great kid and I am proud of him.

Josh seemed to really enjoy his first day of VBS too. Last year he went 2 days then told me he didn't want to go back. I'm not sure if he was too shy or something happened to hurt his feelings or what but I'm glad to see him enjoying it.

Colin did well at Teacher Kids Care so that was a relief. I was worried that since he has been out of daycare for a few weeks that he would have a hard time of it but he seemed to be happy as he could be when I picked him up.

In running news, today marked the first day I ran a complete mile without stopping to walk at all. I've upped my total distance to almost 2 miles and I'm running at least 6 days a week. I tend to take either Saturday or Sunday off to get up with Colin and let John sleep in a bit since he gets up with him every other day.

1 comment:

Sherry Gann said...

Six days a week?! Okay, you are now officially one of those crazy runners! ;)

I so need to get back in a workout groove.