Friday, November 7, 2008

A New Day

After having a craptacular Wednesday here at work I took a mental health day yesterday and spent the day knee deep in dirt and mulch. Very few things make me happier than working outside on a beautiful day in my yard. My body is screaming at me today from all the work but man that was a good day. Just me and God talking over things and him filling me with peace and putting things back in perspective after being beat down on Wednesday.

I ran across something that a friend posted that I think is so very true:

In this election, can't we just assume the best of each other? If I am voting Obama, can't you assume that I'm not a total moron baby-killer slackass who doesn't work and wants the rich people's largesse to be handed to me OR a total moron who thoughtlessly buys whatever's sold to me OR a sheep OR naive OR a racist? And in return, should you vote McCain, I will do you the favor of not assuming you are an ignorant hillbilly OR a Bible-thumper OR a racist OR evil powermongering money-hoarders? Can we not agree that there are legitimate reasons for voting for either candidate that are the product of rational thinking and not spurious rumors or nefarious motives?

One of my favorite songs is Changed by Phil Joel. Love that song. Love the sentiment behind it because I feel like God has completely changed my heart in the last 2 years.

You have changed the way I do everything
You have changed the way I wear my wedding ring
You have changed the way I treat my family
You have changed the way I see all my friends
You have changed the way that I spend my time
You have changed the way that I use my mind
You have changed the things I spend money on
You have changed everything I ever thought was mine
You have changed my emotions You have steadied me
You have changed my eyes and what I let them see
You have changed the course of my history
Thank God You’re still changing me!

And now it's Friday. Company picnic today and the weather is rainy. YAY!

1 comment:

Sherry Gann said...

I know this is kind of late in the game, but I ran across this blog post this morning that I thought you might be interested in:
http://www.welcometomybrain.net/2008/11/story-of-baptist-pastors-wife-who-voted.html