Saturday, November 8, 2008

Twelve Years Ago...



I was 21 years old, in a hospital room by myself and scared to death. I was having my first child and my husband at the time had gone home to take a nap because his back was hurting! :o)

I had struggled with so many emotions during the pregnancy and I knew my marriage at the time was a complete mistake. But at right about 9:30 PM that night nothing else mattered but this little 4 pound miracle with gray eyes that looked like pools looking back up at me. He became the center of my universe and I wanted to do anything I could to keep him safe and make sure he got healthy.

Now he's 12 years old...on his way to becoming a young adult...and he drives me nuts a lot of the time but I see so much potential in him and for his life.

I pray for him constantly...that he will become a man of integrity. I pray for the woman that might be out there that will be his wife one day. I pray for guidance and patience and that one day he'll look back and realize I do everything I do out of love for him.

Happy Birthday, Patrick.

No comments: