Friday, November 7, 2008

Prayer Journal

I've been mulling over the fact that I don't focus well when I am praying. I get distracted and before I know it my mind is hopping all over the place.

I used to keep a prayer journal and that seemed to help me stay focused and also make sure I covered all the topics/people I wanted to pray about.

I think writing your prayers down is also such a neat thing to do...especially when you are able to go back and realize a prayer has been answered or see how God worked through a certain situation.

Prayer is such a powerful tool we have in our arsenal. It can encourage you, strengthen you, give you peace and in some cases, widsom you desperately need.

3 comments:

Sherry Gann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry Gann said...

I see how this could be helpful in staying focused. When you did this did you write out your prayer word for word, or did you just write key words/phrases? I would be interested in reading how other people have done this too and how its worked out for them. I may give it a try.

Kristin said...

I've done it both ways...writing out my entire prayer...almost like a letter...and then I've tried writing down just names or key phrases.

In the 36 week class John is taking they have the guys keeping a prayer journal and they just list topics or names from my understanding. He says it has been very helpful to him.