Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trying new things

I have made it a point to try and do things I wouldn't have done in the past during this uncertain time in my life.

Getting out and building the extended patio? Not something I would normally do. Work in my yard, yes, but take on a project like that? No way. And I did it.

I looked in our dining room the other day and decided it needed a Spring flower arrangement. I went shopping and all the ones I saw were SO expensive so I decided to try and make my own. And I did it.




I have always cooked dinner for my family each night...even back when I was working. It is on the table 98% of the time when John walks through the door at 5:45. I call it my 1950's Housewife throwback but I can't help it. Even though my career has always been very important to me having that family dinner around the table with conversation and no television is more important.

Last night I made the boys a special dessert. And Josh REALLY enjoyed it. Can you tell? Yes...they are in martini glasses... Bygones.






Tomorrow my "little" boy will turn 7 years old. He wants steak for dinner and a cake with a Robot on it. I'm struggling with the robot cake deal. I haven't been able to find a bakery that can do a Robot cake so that is my mission today.

House of Prayer last night was ironic. It was all about healing. I prayed for Stellan the entire time and God was so good to reveal things to me through our pastor and the Bible about healing.

6 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Nice job on the flower arrangement. :)

Here's a robot party link that might give you some ideas.
http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/2007/12/four.html
Maybe you could just make a plain cake, put it on posterboard, draw head/legs/arms on the the posterboard & decorate the cake/body with candies, kind of like they did the snack tray in this link.

Hope Josh has a great b'day! :)

Amber said...

Look at you with the flower arranging! Way to go!

Hope Josh has a great birthday!

momstheword said...

It looks lovely. You did a great job! I think it's cool you're brave enough to take on that project. Braver than me! I bet you'll do a wonderful job with the cake.

BTW, about the car: you're right. Baby steps!

3boysmom said...

I hope Josh has a great birthday. Steak and cake...yummy! I wish I was eating with you all tonight.

The flower arrangement looks great. You are right, they are SO expensive to buy ready made. I think you found a new career :)

Sherry Gann said...

I just read your twitter...I had no idea how much cakes cost!

Jen said...

Hey there! Just checking in with ya and getting caught up on your blog. ;)

I love, love, love that you are making the most of this time. No regrets! That was one of my missions while waiting for a family. I didn't want to spend the time sad, lonely, depressed, wishing, hoping, etc. I wanted that time to be rich with memories. And it was! So many things I would have never had the chance to do if our family would have started on our time...

Happy 7th Birthday to Josh! I am already planning Max's first birthday. The theme? Fire trucks! ;)