Friday, March 6, 2009

What do I have to do? Draw you a picture?

I have been known to say this to my children from time to time when I feel like I have explained something in such perfect detail that there is no way they can possibly not get it.

I had an experience this last week that reminds me that God feels the same way about me many times. I have been praying so much over this job situation and that I am where God wants me to be even if it isn't necessarily where I want to be.

I got a card from a friend that had "Psalm 37:4" written on the bottom. I was in the middle of 100 things so I told myself I would go look up the verse later.

Fast forward a few days and I get another card from someone with "Psalm 37:4" written on it. Hmmm...haven't I seen that somewhere else recently? Again I make a mental note to go look it up.

Couple more days pass...I am driving and this moron pulls RIGHT OUT IN FRONT OF ME and I almost hit him. As I am contemplating how to not possibly lose my temper and say very unflattering things I see his vanity plate. PSA 37:4

Okay...this is getting spooky. I laugh and tell God that I'm listening. I pull off the side of the road and get my Bible and look it up.

Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give all the desires of your heart.

Thank you, Father. You did indeed have to draw me a picture.

5 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Great post! :)

momstheword said...

Don't you love the Father's sense of humor? Sometimes He truly has to hit me over the head before I'll listen, lol! Or at least stop me in my tracks.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Sometimes it takes 3 times, huh?!! That was awesome!

3boysmom said...

Well I'm glad He finally got your attention! Who knows what He would've had to do next if you kept putting Him off. So funny!

Bei Tesori Boutique's Blog said...

Ugh! What a wonderful story. Brought a tear to my eye. Thank you for sharing. I will visit your blog often.