Thursday, February 12, 2009

I'm Waiting...

I just love how God sends you messages when you least expect it...like when you are vacuuming your stairs.

I had my iPod on and was tackling the stairs in our house when this song came on and it struck me how appropriate it is during this season in my life. So, I stopped what I was doing and really listened to the words. I played it a second time and I spent some time on my knees as the words and the meaning behind the song poured over me.

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord.


Last night at House of Prayer we talked about Moses and how he was always going up the mountain to be with God...to listen...to get instruction. How God wanted Moses separate...away from all the distractions...just alone with him.

And Moses found things on the mountain. He found God Himself. He found himself...Moses. And he found the will of God for his life.

Later in Exodus there is a great battle and again, Moses isn't on the battlefield...he's up on that mountain. He has his arms raised and as long as he does they are winning. They win the battle because of what is going on on the mountaintop...not what is going on on the battlefield.

I feel like I need to find a mountain and go be with God...to listen...to get instruction...away from all the distractions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean! There have been times that I was having a hard time with something or maybe I just had a question that no one could answer, but its like God sends you an answer. Such an amazing feeling =]

3boysmom said...

Oh my! I just read your comment about Patrick buying a card for a GIRL for Valentine's day. I bet you weren't ready for that! I met my husband when I was 13 and he was 12, but as a mom I do not want to imagine my little men even thinking about girls at that age! I'm sure they will be though.

I haven't heard the song you posted about. I'm going to look it up right now. Isn't God just amazing? He always knows just what we need and exactly when we need it! I've said it before and I'll say it again...you are an inspiration to me and so many others I'm sure. I'm praying for you.

momstheword said...

Oooh, what a beautiful post today! I love what you said about the victory being on the mountaintop, not on the battlefield.

The thing i love about Moses is he was so humble. Plus he was dragging his feet, begging God to send somebody else! When God says He has something for us, then we can trust Him for the strength to do it!