Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Out of sorts

I'm kinda blah today. Nothing really wrong and it isn't a job thing. I just feel down. It may be that I've had a lot of chores/errands on my plate lately and not enough time to relax and just enjoy things.

So...for today I'm cutting my To-Do list in half and going to have lunch with Josh at school. The rest of the must do things can wait until tomorrow. It's going to be raining all day anyway tomorrow so it will be good to stay in and knock things off my list inside the house...like my closet.

I have the worst habit in the world and 95% of people that know me would never believe it because I am so organized. When I come in each day I take off what I have on and throw it in the floor of my closet. Things pile up for about a week until John can't stand it anymore then I sort through what needs to be hung up, taken to the cleaners, throw into the laundry, etc.

This is completely out of character for me but I can't seem to break myself of it. I know it drives John crazy. I'm trying to make it a point each afternoon to not throw things on the floor of the closet but so far...failing miserably.

In other news, I had a job interview yesterday and was offered the job but I am going to turn it down. It is not at all a place I want to work and the salary is about $30K less than I was making. I know maybe I shouldn't be so picky but this would not be something I would stick with long term and I don't feel it would be fair to me or the employer to take it under those circumstances. We're doing fine right now so I'm going to just keep looking.

Now I need to get off the computer, vacuum the stairs and get ready to have lunch with Josh.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

3 comments:

momstheword said...

I think we all have days like that. And when we do, it's good to take care of yourself. The schedule and cleaning can wait!

3boysmom said...

I hope tomorrow will be a better day!

Sherry Gann said...

I'm so used to you being at work on weekdays, that I didn't even think about calling you and asking you to come to the zoo with us yesterday while we were in town! ACk!!! Sorry--I would have had even more fun if you'd been with us. :)

Hope the perfect job comes along soon--or you decide you want to become an official SAHM. :)