Tuesday, February 17, 2009

When God Gets Personal...With My Rebellion

Jonah 1-4

My notes from the sermon on Sunday:

1) God is concerned with his agenda...not my own.

2) When God gets personal...things start to happen.

3) The effects of my sin may not be apparent until it's too late.

4) You can have all the right answers about God but still not be in the middle of his will.

5) Repentance is not based on feelings or intentions, but on intentional actions.

6) God goes to extreme measures to reveal himself to people who rebel against him.

7) God sends storms to get our full and undivided attention quickly or when we haven't listened to him otherwise.

8) Sometimes the message of a storm is not for me. It's for somebody else.

I hope to have some time to flesh out these thoughts later tonight or tomorrow.

Tonight is our monthly dinner with our neighbors and it looks like Colin is going to stay home with me tomorrow. He has the sniffles.

2 comments:

momstheword said...

I hope you have fun tonight. Sometimes people tend to forget that God is not only a loving God, He is a just God. He will have His way and we can't stand against Him, even if we wanted to.

Melissa said...

Wow, several of those points hit home for me. May copy these and use them for my own reference, too. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad when God speaks, He continues to send the message He'd have us hear "down the line" and it impacts others, too.