Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jesus Conquered the Grapes!

My sweet friend, Leigh, has an amazing little girl. She is so perceptive and tenderhearted and she gets things more than a lot of 6 year olds. She loves church and she loves to pray for people. When Colin was going through all his ear problems Leigh told me they prayed every night for "baby Colin's little bitty ears."

Anyway her little girl likes the song "Mighty to Save" and the part about Jesus conquering the grave? Well...to her it is "Jesus conquered the grapes."

Is that not one of the cutest things you've heard all day today? LOVE IT.

In job news...I've had several interviews this week. A couple that went nowhere and one that might just work. I really liked the guy and he remembered meeting me from 4 years ago and said when he heard I was looking he wanted to see what he might be able to do. YAY for making good impressions! He is getting some tests together he would like me to take as a formality and then he wants to talk about what I can live with and what he might be able to offer.

The salary might be slightly under what I was making but as a trade off he asked me what types of things would be on my Wish List of wants/needs for a job that might make up for a little bit of the salary. I told him I would like to keep the flexibility in my schedule that I've had for the last 5 years. I like to get into the office by 7AM but come 3:30/4PM I'm gone. He said that might be doable. I also asked to be able to work from home one day a week during June/July/August and he didn't balk too much at that either.

We shall see. I've prayed before walking into every one of these interviews that if it isn't where God wants me then I don't want to be there.

Enjoying this week a lot so far. Had a good House of Prayer service again last night. I'm possibly going to a prison in Alabama next Friday to do some ministry work there with a women's group. Waiting to hear for sure if I'm set to do that.

I spent a long time at the piano yesterday and finished writing a song I've started and stopped at least 100 times over the last few years. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Today looks like yard work if the weather will cooperate with me. And I'm having lunch with Josh at school. We have made this a weekly tradition.

God is so good.

2 comments:

3boysmom said...

Yay for what sounds like a wonderful job possibility. I'll be praying that God will lead you in the right direction.

I think it is so sweet that you go eat with Josh at school once a week. I keep thinking that I need to do that with Connor before he gets to an age where he no longer wants mommy around! I'm sure that will happen soon and it's going to break my heart.

Michelle

Amber said...

Sounds like a great job prospect!

And you write music? Amazing! Simply amazing!!