Thursday, February 5, 2009

P is for Pictures

Megan tagged me to do this fun game. I got the letter P so here are 10 things I love that start with P in no particular order. If you want a letter, leave a comment and I'll give you one.


Pizza...specifically from Gino's East in Chicago. I LOVE true Chicago style pizza so much that one Christmas my girls in Chicago shipped me 2. They came on Christmas Eve via Fed-ex on dry ice and they were heavenly...but not as good as being there and eating one fresh out of the oven with my friends.



My pudgy little Colin...look at those hocks!



Painting...I love to paint. Rooms in my house especially. This is one of my favorite things I painted...in Colin's nursery. A friend drew in the outline and I did the rest to match his bedding. Love how it turned out!



Posing...Josh and I like to take silly pictures. This is one from a few years ago that I really like.



Taking pictures. I took this one at Navy Pier in Chicago of Patrick, his friend AJ and my good friend, Erica on the swings.



Pirates. We took the boys to Walt Disney World for Halloween in 2007 and we all dressed up as pirates. SO much fun! You may have to click the picture to get the full view of our costumes. Josh was Davey Jones, complete with tentacles. John was Jack Sparrow.




Prayer. I have learned more about prayer and how much it means in my life in the last few years than all the others combined.



Puppet. Our last name was really hard for the kids in Josh's preschool class so they all started calling him Puppet which sounds a lot like our name. The nickname stuck and he still is Puppet to us at times.



Parenting. I love being a parent. It's hard and it's crazy and heartbreaking at times but there is nothing like it.



Naturally, if I have the letter P then Patrick is going to be on my list. Patrick is my heart in many, many ways. His biological dad and I divorced when Patrick was just over a year old and so it was me and Patrick on our own until I married John 3 1/2 years later. He's just like me...which is maddening at times but he is amazing.

4 comments:

Amber said...

I loved finding out a little bit more about you through this! Thanks!!

momstheword said...

Loved your list and the pictures were great!

Sherry Gann said...

I'd have to frame the swings at Navy Pier photo--love it.:)

Unknown said...

HOw cute!
Thats a really fun post!