Sunday, February 1, 2009

Why Me?

I had a non Christian friend ask me recently why I wasn't more upset about losing my job and why I wasn't questioning God on allowing this to happen to me.

I thought about it for a minute then I told her that in all the years God has blessed my life beyond belief I've never asked him "Why me?" so why should I in times of trouble and uncertainty?

I didn't ask God "Why me?" when all 3 of my children came into my life healthy and perfect.

I didn't ask God "Why me?" when his grace filled me completely after the affair and my marriage was saved.

I have never asked "Why me?" for all the friends that have come into my life and stood by me through thick and thin.

Never asked "Why me?" when we were so very blessed to find our church home and the things we have learned over the last few years there.

My faith would be shallow indeed if now, when things seem a little fearful, to start asking "Why me?"

I have days I'm scared but overall...I'm good. God's got this. I trust you, Father.

I have had such a great week. I've been able to spend time in God's word, met my husband at the gym twice, had lunch with a friend that I was disconnected from, had some time in my favorite place...out in my yard...working in the dirt. Been able to pick up Colin early each day from day care and walk up to the bus stop and meet Josh. Able to sit down and do homework with my boys each afternoon before John gets home.

Things I never had the time to do without stress and rushing around before.

Now I'm sure when I start checking my bank account I'll worry a bit but for right now, losing my job is the best thing that has happened for me.

We have started a new series at church about what happens when God gets personal and let me tell you...I'm right in it right now. Me and God are personal...not just an idea or a pleasant way to spend a Sunday morning. We are in a deep personal place and I'm loving it.

But not once am I asking "Why me?" If I'm going to open my arms up and accept all the wonderful things God has brought into my life then I'm for sure not going to start questioning him now. I know all things work together for good and for his purpose and his glory.

I might not know what page we are on in the playbook right now but I know how it ends...I will come through this okay and God will get the glory.

Thank you so much for your phone calls and emails and letters checking in on us. We appreciate your words of encouragement and your comments so much!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Your witness is amazing. You are inspirational. Praying for you.

momstheword said...

This is a beautiful post. You are so right. To question God is to go around and around and never get anywhere. Who are we to question God? It's just a trap. God is sovereign and knows what He's doing.

Kerren said...

Such moving words.. your faith is a light to all of us who are going through dark times!

3boysmom said...

Wow...great post. You are such an inspiration to me and this post really made me think. I never ask why me about the great things in life, but I've been known to ask why me about things when they're not so great. Not any more! Thank you for speaking from your heart.

I am excited to see what God has in store for your family. I'm praying for you all.

Michelle

Jen said...

Hey Kristin!

Just checking in on your blog. Praying for your family in this season God has you in.

Thanks for being such a strong witness as God guides you to the next chapter!


Jen