Monday, January 26, 2009

This was when it changed...

I got into my car on Saturday morning and I think the realization that I have no job really hit me. The majority of our household income came from my salary. All of our insurance was through my job. We luckily can get insurance through John's company but it isn't as good and is more expensive than what we had through mine.

I sat in the car for a little while and fear began to overwhelm me. But then I prayed and asked God to give me peace to calm my worried mind.

I flipped on the radio and this song was just coming on...

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of?
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours

I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm

Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free

I am not my own
I've been carried by you all my life

You've become my hearts desire
I will sing Your praises higher
Cause Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free
Your love sets me free


Thank you, Father for carrying me. Thank you for reminding me that you always have. Thank you for your grace.

I had to drive to my office to clean out some things and it wasn't a fun morning. People stopping by to tell me how sorry they were and if there was anything they could do. I was determined to keep on a happy face and to not let them know how devastated I am.

One lady that works in my building that I don't know that well at all came into my office with a piece of paper. She said, "I'm supposed to give this to you today."

On the paper was written a prayer from a devotion that she gets via email each day.

It read:

Lord, help me have joy in my heart today, because as certain as you are, my circumstances will change. There will come a day when I too will be able to look back and say, "This was when it changed." Whether today, tomorrow or a long time, I set my heart to trust your timing and unfailing promises, regardless of present circumstances. In Jesus' name, amen.

Father, again thank you for your grace. Thank you for the reminders you send us that your promises are unfailing.

And now I have peace. My mind isn't troubled. My heart is still and calm. I know there will be days that I'm down about this but I also know it isn't going to be this way forever.

As certain as you are, Father, my circumstances will change. I set my heart to trust your timing.

3 comments:

momstheword said...

What a beautiful post on the Lord's comfort and faithfulness to you. He will provide your needs. Maybe not all of your wants, but definitely your needs.

It is a scary thing. I remember when my hubby was out of work for that year and he was our provider. I remember walking thru the grocery store with tears streaming down my face, wondering what we were going to do.

God did provide. I found joy in the journey by making a game out of saving money. I read the Tighwad Gazette and tried some of her ideas, and I made a pricebook.

It wasn't always easy, but it was surviveable. The Lord will sustain you.

Amber said...

Praying for you, Kristin. Can't pretend to know what you are going through....but am fully trusting in God's grace and provision for your family.

Unknown said...

I pray that everything is going well for you!