Thursday, January 22, 2009

The hits just keep on coming...

Back from the ENT with Colin. Not good.

The ENT had a hearing test done on him and he is actually losing his hearing due to all the fluid in his ears. He did very poorly on the test.

They have scheduled him for surgery at 6AM tomorrow.

I asked if it was necessary to do it so soon and he said, "Yes. It is."

The anesthesiologist came out and talked to me and she was super nice. Very reassuring.

She did say that because he is only 6 months old that sometimes in that age their hearts have a tendency to slow down when they are put under so they will be giving him a shot after he's under to speed up his heart rate.

She said it sounds scarier than it is but I don't think so. It sounds pretty scary to me.

Then I went to my office to pick up some of my things and was told I might not possibly be given some of the commission money I have EARNED because it wouldn't hit the books until March and you officially have to be on the payroll in order to get commissions.

I told my boss I expected him to address this with the higher ups and get it fixed for me.

He came back later and said all he could do was 6%...not the 10% I earned. So that sucks.

I can't really think about the job stuff right now. I'm just focused on Colin and getting him well.

John reminded me today that God won't give me anything that he doesn't know I can handle. I wish God didn't trust me so much.

I'm going to be a nervous wreck tomorrow even though I know it is a routinue procedure with very low risks.

8 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

So, it's temporary hearing loss due to the fluid build-up? And should return to normal once it's drained off?

We're praying for strength for all of you; I'd be a basket case. :( Call me if you need me.

Kristin said...

They are hopeful that once they drain it and get the tubes in that he'll be just fine. We will have to go back in a couple weeks and have him retested.

I'm just ready to get in there and get it done and him feel better.

They said he is hearing things right now like they are all muffled and distant.

Amber said...

My boys had the same trouble. All of our boys have had several sets of tubes and I'd do it again tomorrow if they needed it. My youngest had his first set when he was a teeny baby. He'll be fine. He will be a totally new kid tomorrow afternoon. It is pretty remarkable. I'll be praying for you and your sweetie.

Your hubby is right....God must have big plans for you, Kristin!

Unknown said...

my mom has an in home daycare and we have seen so many little ones have the ear tubes/hearing surgerys and it is a very simple/easy recovery surgery! Hope everything goes well =] praying!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

I'll be praying for you tomorrow! He is gonna do great, and CS is WONDERFUL!!! Greer has had 2 treatments there so far (under anesthesia) and they have all gone really well. Expect for him to sleep most of the morning away after the surgery, and I bet he'll wake up like his old self....that's what she does!

I'm praying for your job situation....I can't even imagine. Keep us posted, and know that we are praying for her!!!

Kerren said...

I am sorry you are going through so much right now..but remember that this too shall pass!

Caleb also had the tubes put in his ears, and we have never looked back!

Good luck, will be thinking of you!

Alicia said...

I will be praying for little Colin. I am sure you will update us when you can.

Melissa said...

I prayed for Colin yesterday morning as I was getting ready. I thought of you all and prayed right then. I am glad all went well and hopefully that will help him now. Savannah was a different child after getting tubes put in at 15 months! They helped immensely! She was very cranky right afterwards, too, but did better the next day. That's my hopes for Colin. have a good weekend and relax!