Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Unexpected Happenings

There is some stuff going on that may result in my leading a much needed Bible study for women at our church. I'm working it out with a good friend from our Small Group, approaching the appropriate church leadership to get it off the ground and fleshing out some topics.

So far I have:

Marriage: Overcoming Obstacles and Learning to Lean on God’s Faithfulness
Becoming a Woman with the Heart of a Servant
How Women are Attacked through Our Emotions
Surrendering Our Kids to God
The Stronghold of Fear
Even Jesus Said No at Times: Taking Time Out and Not Feeling Guilty About It
God Loves Impossible Odds

And then I have a very tongue in cheek one that John thinks I should leave out all about vanity entitled: All You Really Need in Life is Jesus and Good Hair.

I am very much in prayer over this...how it is shaping up...how the topics are coming together...how I can be an effective leader.

But I'm excited about the direction it is going in. It is a very unexpected turn of events but it is funny how God works like that some times.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was thinking, right after you've been in prayer about and seeking God's guidance on the Bible Studies...the unexpected happens...you lose your job. From my perspective and how I've seen God work before, He wants to test our faith and see if we really believe what we say we do. He wants to see if you really are committed to following and getting closer to Him...even through the trials. Just my two cents, but something I was thinking about and wanted to share. I heard on the radio today that God doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called. Maybe He's equipping you, the called, to have an awesome testimony to share with other ladies as you do your Bible Study! Just a thought! Hope you're having a good weekend.