Thursday, January 15, 2009

House of Prayer

This week has been an amazing week. I am continually astounded at how God works in ways I would never have imagined. After all...my thoughts are not his.

Last night at House of Prayer it was so moving and special...these sessions on Wednesday nights are turning into my favorite parts of our church.

We began by praying for our country...for revival...for our leaders. We broke off into groups of 3-5 and prayed aloud...all at the same time. It was this beautiful sound of quiet voices being lifted up all around the church.

Afterward we talked about needs in the church. So many people losing jobs, families without insurance now, marriage crisis, financial crisis, problems with their children, just on and on.

As each person shares their story others surround them and pray for them. How thankful I am that during these meetings we can be real and open and honest with each other. We don't hide behind worrying about what others might think. We don't feel ashamed to ask for help. We can cry out to our church and be willing to have them pray for us and with us.

I shared last night about my friends that are flying in tomorrow and will be attending church with me on Sunday. I was immediately surrounded by people, all praying for my friends, all praying that God will reveal himself in a way they can't deny he is real and he is God. Praying for them to have a safe flight. Praying for them to be open to seeing what God will reveal. Praying for me and my family to be good hosts and to continue to be an example. It was so humbling and moving.

So today...I'm especially thankful for:

My church and the leadership
The members of my church and their spirit for prayer over each other
The people God has brought into my life in the most unusual ways

Thank you, Father that you have brought me to this place. Thank you for your grace. Thank you for showing me your faithfulness over and over again. Thank you for anyone reading these words right now, Father. Bless them. Watch over them and their families. Put up walls of protection around them and reveal yourself to them in ways they have never imagined.


**UPDATED** God is so good. As I finished this up my friend, Leigh, who was at House of Prayer last night emailed me the following...thank you Leigh for your heart.

How are you this morning, friend? I woke up early with you and your friends on my mind and went before our God on their behalf. After I stopped praying, I opened my Bible and God sent me to Hebrews and I wanted to share a couple of verses with you that He put on my heart for you.

Hebrews 4:14

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens,[e] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.

Hebrews 10-23-25

23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


I’ve only been led to specific scriptures a couple of times in my life so I felt like I had to send these to you. I’m not sure exactly why God gave them to me, but I hope they mean something to you.

Please know you are in my heart today and always.
Love,
Leigh

No comments: