Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The secret of victory over any sin

Refuse to entertain it. Even for a moment.

How often do we let negative thoughts and doubt keep us from what God wants for us? If you are me then the answer would be..."All the time."

I can be on the path to something I know God desires me to do or wants for me then BAM...out of nowhere...I start to doubt myself. Doubt my abilities. Doubt whether the path is right or not. Whether I'm supposed to be doing this or not. If I'm capable. If I'm the right person for the job.

Know what that is? Satan. Trying to mislead my thoughts. Trying to keep me from doing what I clearly know is God's will. Trying to stir up doubt in my mind.

I'm so thankful for God's patience with me. I think about life with my own children. How frustrated I get when I have asked them to do something over and over again and they still do their own thing. Bet that's what God feels like often.

There are things I want to keep my children from. Hurt. Disappointment. Anger. Rejection. Fear.

God wants the same thing for his children.

Things I want my children to grasp. Kindness. Integrity. Success and satisfaction with their lives. Peace.

And God wants the same thing for his children.

I'm making it a priority to keep on the path...to stay the course. To not let thoughts that clearly are not from God sway me.

2 comments:

Kerren said...

I know you think you sometimes fall off the path of faith, but you seem pretty strong to me.. I admire your determination and faith!

momstheword said...

It's funny how we get like that. Especially since God gives us His grace and strength to do what He has called us to do.

He has equipped us to serve Him so we have everything we need. Still, I get sidetracked.....Beautiful post!