Wednesday, January 21, 2009

So...I lost my job today.

Yep. No warning. No idea it was coming. Went down for a 3PM meeting that I thought was about one thing then discovered it was about my losing my job.

I have one month's salary coming to me but my insurance will end January 31st.

I'm a little shell shocked...I gotta be honest. But, on the drive home I kept telling myself, "Everything works for good for those who love the Lord."

Time to put my faith that I claim into action. I trust you, Father. I know you haven't brought me this far to leave me now.

I was in management...the VP of Marketing...so I was the first to go. From what I hear there are going to be others in the next week.

I have to go to the office tomorrow and clean out my stuff, go through my files, say my goodbyes.

And it is going to suck. I love my job and the people I work with. I have no clue what I'm going to do or where I may end up but I want to think this is God's way to take me down a different path...one that may bring unexpected blessings that I never dreamed of.

I have to hold onto that because otherwise I'm going to cry and I just had my eyebrows done and that would be bad.

Please pray for me and my family. Pray specifically that I lean on God faithfully during this time. That I trust his plan above my own and not try to dictate my direction from here on out but follow the path he wants me on.

I have absolutely no idea how we are going to make things work financially if I don't find something in the next month. BUT, I know my God is bigger than that.

I have no idea how I'm going to write the check to pay the deposit for summer camp at the Y for my boys. BUT, I know my God is bigger than that.

I have no idea how I'm going to pay the car insurance due next month and both our life insurance policies. BUT, I know my God is bigger than that.

My mind is reeling on all the things I need to try and handle but for now, I want to sit back and take this all in and not make any rash decisions.

Just pray that I do what God desires.

We had a sermon recently about God breaking us and asking him to do so in order for him to make something better and completely new.

So...I guess this is God breaking me. Jesus, bring the rain. If that is what it takes for me to praise you...bring it.

I trust you, Father.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Kristin, SORRY doesn't mean enough of what I want to say. Your attitude and perspective on it is JUST what the Lord wants from you, though- to trust Him through every "storm" and bring Him glory through it! On the other side of it, you'll be so glad you did! I can't say I wouldn't be freaking out or upset myself, but I admire your spirit and would hope to be the same way if this major unexpected trial happened to me. If my personal trials have taught me anything, it's taught me about perseverance and faith. Keep on keeping on and believe that He can take care of it and will. He promised. Love you and will pray for you to find a job quickly!

I got your email, and about Saturday, I have to work. I work once a month at a pediatric office here in town and this is my Saturday. Sorry :( Would've loved to have had lunch with you. About next weekend, I will talk it over with Josh and see what we have going on. Will let you know, although you may not feel like company now after all that's happened today. If not, that's totally understandable. Talk to you soon.

Amber said...

Oh, Kristin, I'm so very sorry. You have an amazing attitude...and what an amazing witness you are. I'll be praying for you and your family. And you are so very right...Our God Is So Big!

Liz Blalock said...

Kristin, I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you and your family.

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Know that I am praying for you! Good things to come....but I know it is going to be sooo tough for a while! Praying, praying, praying!!!

Jess said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry Kristin :-(
We will keep you and your family in our prayers. There is no doubt that God has something in store for you!

Kerren said...

Kristin..

I am so sorry to read your sad news..but I know exactly how you feel.

My husband was retrenched last week.. it is a very scary time for us. I am self employed, but I am on maternity leave at the moment.. so we just lost our only income.

Lets walk this path together, and in a few months we will look back and laugh at our fear and rejoice in our new blessings, whatever they may be!