Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ready? Set? Read!

I had intended to roll this out January 1st but then...well, life happened and John got sick and Colin got sick and there you go. I'm a few days late. Bygones.

ANYway...remember when you used to read and how much you loved it? No? Well then haven't you always wanted to read more? Here's your chance.

The 2009 52 Book Project. That's right. 52 books in 2009. You can do it...I promise.

Soon I'll have a button added to my blog you can add to your blog if you want to participate in the challenge.

It's easy. Just read on average one book every week. For those weeks when life happens, read something short. Books of the Bible totally count so use this to help you read more of God's word. There are some short books too so use them on those weeks you need the boost.

Update and post your list as you finish each book and hopefully this time next year we'll look back and see our accomplishments.

Once we get this up and running recommend books to others, see something on the list you want to book swap with someone else, encourage and hold accountable your friends participating. Post about it on your blog and get others in on the fun.

I believe in setting goals/making resolutions but making them attainable too so you don't feel like a failure when you can't live up to the unrealistic resolution you made. (I told you I'm still working on losing some weight from 2002...I'll let you know if I reach that goal in 2009). This one should be pretty easy to keep up with and fun to boot!

So jump right in! Post a comment if you would like to participate and once I get the button made we can go from there in getting the word out and making this something fun and encouraging.

I'll start...

1. The Sound of God's Applause: Living a Life that Glorifies the Father by Les Hughes


Now go read!

52 in 2009!

3 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Sounds fun! :)

Finding Normal said...

This does sound fun! I kept a list on my sidebar last year and ended up with 44, I think. Pretty impressive, given my crazy life!

Sherry Gann said...

Where's that button, chica? Or are you too busy reading? jk :)