Friday, January 2, 2009

Yuck!

I'm feeling worse. Colin seems to be making a little improvement but if we don't see some major changes by tomorrow he is heading back to the doctor first thing on Monday.

And...I finally convinced John to go to the doctor today. Pneumonia. Yep. Not the contagious bacterial kind though so...Yay. I guess?

Our very sweet neighbor that I haven't talked to in a couple weeks called and asked if she could please take the boys for a few hours tomorrow for us to go see a movie or something. A movie? What's that? I explained to her that the baby was sick...I was sick...John was sick and then...bless her heart...she said that was even more reason for her to take the boys for a few hours.

So she will be taking them tomorrow around lunchtime and I think we will actually spend our coveted grown up alone time trying to get a few hours sleep. I know...EXCITING!

I have so many plans I wanted to get accomplished over this holiday weekend but I'm not sure any are going to get done. I may try and recaulk the master bathroom myself tomorrow if I can manage.

I don't feel just horrible but I think it could easily turn into something if I don't get some rest and take it easy. I have a tendency to push myself instead of recognizing that I need to take a break and let things/projects go.

We shall see.

Hope you had a Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

oh, no...I guess it's good we headed back early. DO NOT pick up a caulk gun! Lounge about and rest AMAP! :)

Amber said...

Oh, Kristin....I'm so sorry. Last New Year's our family spent the whole holiday weekend hugging the toilet with the stomach virus. It is no fun to be sick...especially when you are supposed to be on a little vacation!

You guys rest up! TAKE IT EASY! Good for you for letting someone help you. I'm terrible at that. But I was told once that I might be denying someone a blessing by denying them the ability to serve me. So, I'm trying to do better about accepting help. What a great neighbor to have! I'm with Sherry...don't pick up that caulk gun! Lay around and BE LAZY!!!

Unknown said...

lol I'm on my way to the dr tomorrow. boo! pretty sure i'm getting a bad chest cold and don't want pnemonia!! I hope that you feel better and things get back together fast!