Sunday, January 4, 2009

Still not better

4AM. Can't sleep. Have been up walking back and forth with Colin until the poor, tired baby gave in to sleep. Now he's on the couch laying on his Daddy's chest and I'm watching both of them sleep and thinking we are going to the doctor first thing on Monday.

I have to think that after 2 rounds of antibiotics and this many days he would be showing improvement. He isn't worse really...just no change...still miserable.

Our neighbor did watch the boys for a couple hours yesterday and she said he slept most of the time but that he wasn't the same Colin he usually is.

His regular doctor is out of the office on Monday but I really like one of the others in the group so I'm hoping she will be in.

Maybe I'm just not being patient but I want him to show some sign of getting better after this much time and this much medicine going into his little body.

I'm keeping the Tylenol in him and that seems to help...he gets REALLY cranky if I miss a dose due to him napping.

He normally will take an 8 ounce bottle every 4 or so hours and he is now doing maybe 5 ounces every 6 hours. Refusing any baby food at all. At least he is eating something...if he still was refusing food completely we would have already been back at the doctor long ago.

John is responding well to the 4 prescriptions he got...$200 worth WITH insurance. I don't know how people without insurance do it...I guess they don't get the medicine they truly need. I complain about the cost of our health care all the time but thank God we have it.

I don't sleep well when any of the boys are sick so I'm also ready for Colin to feel better so I can selfishly get some rest.

I'll work from home on Monday, get him back to the doctor and go from there.

He doesn't show the same signs Josh did when he had RSV so that is a very good thing but I'm still worried about this congestion all in his chest.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I saw your comment on Adrienne's blog and hopped over to let you know I will be praying for your little guy. My 21 month old son just got through being extremely sick for the past 4 days, including a trip to the ER on New Year's Day night. It is so scary when they can't tell you what is wrong and when they stop eating/drinking. And completely exhausting for both baby and parent. I know in these past few days sometimes it felt like there was no end in sight, so hang in there! Is he too young for infant Motrin? Our doctor had us do Motrin/Tylenol back and forth every four hours. She explained that each works on different things in their little bodies. I had only been doing Tylenol until then, and the Motrin really seemed to perk him up quickly. Anyway, hope you don't think it's strange I'm posting this since I don't know you, but I can relate and I will be praying.

Unknown said...

I'm very sorry that things just arent't great right now. I pray that you guys get back to full recovery very soon. I actually just got back from the Dr. and I had to start antibiotics due to congestion/inflamation in my ribs. Its not fun at all. I'm praying!

Amber said...

Hope you get some answers tomorrow morning!

Poor guy.

Glad hubby is improving a little.