Monday, January 12, 2009

Not me, Monday.



And now a list of things that I totally did not do in the last week...

As I was pacing the floor with Colin, I did not see pears on his eyebrow from an attempt to get him to eat something, and lick them off. Not me! I would have stopped and gotten him a warm washcloth and bathed his little face lovingly.

After arguing with my husband about something truly stupid, I never would have intentionally hidden his gym shoes so he couldn't go work out. Not me! I am above such petty, childish acts. I would have sat down with him and talked about my need for him to stay home and help me with the boys in a mature, adult fashion. Our marriage is a beacon for all others and we never drop down to such tactics.

I did not put bacon in the microwave for Josh and instead of setting it for 30 seconds set it for 3 minutes. Not me! I'm a culinary genius and everything I cook turns out to perfection.

I did not let Josh and Patrick stay in their jammies for 3 days straight and finally Josh said, "Mommy...don't we need to take a shower some time?" I also did not forget to have them brush their teeth for 2 days either. Not me! I am a mother who is on top of it at all times and even when I'm exhausted I keep my kids clean and healthy.

I did not tell my 6 year old that Santa had a month clause where he could come back and take all the toys he brought if you didn't behave. Not me! I'm a patient mother who uses these little instances as teachable moments.

I did not make a resolution to get healthy this year and stop eating junk and drop 15pounds then follow it up THE VERY NEXT DAY by eating a cheddar burger, chili fries and a chocolate peanut butter shake at Johnny Rockets. Not me! I am the very picture of willpower.

I most certainly did not take the offer of my very sweet neighbor to take the boys for a few hours so John and I could get some sleep and then spend that time vegging out on the couch playing the Wii. Not me! I would have used this time wisely to catch up on my sleep or do the mounds of laundry around my house.

Because my office has been really quiet lately, I certainly did not bring a book with me to read. Not me! I am a productive employee who never would have taken advantage of my company in such a way by reading a book in my office, while wearing comfy socks and drinking hot chocolate. I would have taken initiative and found something to do to keep myself busy.

8 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

lol--I think participating in this could be therapeutic for me. ;) I must consider participating.

Amber said...

I laughed out loud when I read the part about you NOT letting the boys stay in their jammies, showerless, with their teeth unbrushed. That would have been this weekend for us!! So comforting to know that there are other mothers who would NEVER think to let their children go like that!! :)

I love Not Me Monday....so thinking about picking that up.

Anonymous said...

The Santa clause...that's a hoot! Wish I would have thought of it!

erin said...

i think i had 3 days of staying in my jammies this week and the kids only got 2 baths. i think. :-)
i was cracking up at the bacon and santa too.
happy monday!

Julie said...

Santa taking the gifts back? Brilliant!! Great list!

momstheword said...

I am so glad that I am not the only one that sets the timer wrong on the microwave or lacks in willpower! Not that you did that of course....and of course I didn't either.

Jess said...

You are so funny! I love the shoe thing, and your fabulous meal... I'm SO the same way. Sounds like you're off to a great start this year ;)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for sending those clothes out. You are truly a wonderful woman!

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Your week sounds a LOT like some of my moments over the past few weeks...I'm STILL wanting to be in LAZY mode, but it's back to reality!

Thanks for your kind words, too!!!