Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We may be heading back to the doctor...

**UPDATE** Colin woke up from his nap and took 5 ozs. He normally takes between 6-8 but I'll take 5. Our pediatrician called me from home...he is out of the office today so I had left a message for him. He said Colin should be much better at this point so it sounds like the infection has moved into his chest and this antibiotic isn't doing its job. He is phoning in a stronger antibiotic and wants us to keep a check on his breathing and go from there. Said this med should make him feel better in a couple days and if not, call back on Saturday or Monday.

Poor baby is just miserable and I guess we are in for another few sleepless nights. I just want him to feel better and not be so uncomfortable. I've been being his pillow for the last few days and he sleeps so much better like that than lying in his bed.



Even after 4 1/2 days on the antibiotic Colin doesn't seem to be improving. In fact, he seems to be getting worse. The doctor told us to call him back on Friday if things didn't look drastically better but I'm thinking we may go see him today.

He is just miserable and now he is refusing to eat. He hasn't had anything since 3:30 this morning.

My mother is with him right now so I could finish up a couple things in the office and once he wakes up from his nap if he won't take his bottle or eat any fruit or sweet potatoes (his favorite) then I'm taking him back in.

I know everything will be closed tomorrow and maybe I'm being paranoid but better safe than sorry.

I know how fast Josh went from a minor cold to full blown RSV and in the hospital for 4 days when he was a baby so I get a little antsy about these things...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh no, I hope everything turns out good! I'll be praying for the little man

Amber said...

I'm with you on being safe....I'm one of those mommas that takes their kids in at the drop of the hat. My kids sound like yours...they can go from fine to hospital material in a matter of days. Our pediatrician (a fabulous friend and doctor) once told me that he takes a mother's intuition about their child over what "medicine" says everytime.

I'm with you....take him in! Hope all is alright with the little guy.

Mrs B said...

We got into the doctor today just to miss the deductible that will start tomorrow! Hope he feels better soon, poor baby. I hate it when they are sick.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear a somewhat positive update! Hope all goes well!