Wednesday, December 10, 2008

All over the place...

This will be across the board because I have so many things I want to post about today.

To start...please pray for Trisha and Dustin. They lost their beautiful son, Max, on Friday. His memorial service is on Saturday. You can read more about their story and see pictures of this little angel at their blog... www.ourmiraclemax.blogspot.com

Next, I ran across a website that makes these wonderful Mommy Necklaces and 25% of the proceeds are donated to String of Pearls. I emailed Jennifer and told her of a specific request I had in mind and I got my necklace in the mail yesterday. It is just perfect. I am going to try and take a good picture tonight so I can post it. Jennifer's website is www.mommynecklace.blogspot.com

My oldest, Patrick, came home yesterday afternoon and said, "Mom, will I be home on Saturday?" I told him that as far as I knew he would be and then he told me when he was outside in our neighborhood riding his bike an older lady that apparently has moved in one street over asked him if he wanted a job. The contractors that built her house left a huge pile of bricks in the front of her house and she needs them moved to the back so she can use them for a flower bed. He said she can't walk that good and she told him if he would come over on Saturday morning to move them she would provide him with a wheelbarrow and pay him $5 an hour until he finished.

He said he told her he would need to ask his parents to make sure that was okay but that he would come over and do it and he didn't want any money.

Now if you knew Patrick you would know how much this touches me. Patrick ALWAYS asks how much I'm going to pay him if I ask him to do anything for me. He covets his allowance weekly and spends it as soon as it hits his wallet. He has a list a mile long of things he wants to buy.

When I asked him if he was sure he wanted to do the job for free he said to me, "Yeah...I do. I think she is alone and has no one to help her and I know she can't lift all those and I can so I should do it for nothing. Or...if she makes me take money I'm going to tell her I'm going to give it to our church Christmas fund to help people in our city. I would feel bad to keep her money."

I am so blessed by my children. I have worried about Patrick as he ages not having a giving heart because he tends to be selfish about things. He sees me volunteer with many organizations and I have wondered why he doesn't seem to get it. But I know in him telling me this that I am getting through to him. He IS getting it and God is getting through to his heart. He humbled me by his generous spirit. He has a plan now to ask tonight at church if any of the other youth might want to come over and help and maybe rake leaves and do some other things for the lady.

It made me very proud of my son.

No comments: