Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Look! And hi there!

As you can tell, if you have ever visited before, I have a new look. I won a raffle from donating to a cause Danielle was pushing and she did this beautiful blog make over for me with some extras I chipped in for.

If you are visiting my blog for the first time as a result of seeing it on Danielle's site (which is fabulous by the way) I figured I would give you a little more background on me other than my extremely lengthy profile.

Like I said in the profile, I am an open book. This drives my husband nuts at times because he thinks I share WAY too much. But, I like to think that if one person can learn from mistakes I've made (and boy there are a lot of them) then it is worth it.

A few random facts about me:

I can't spell.
I love black licorice.
I love music.
I love to travel and do it as much as I can.
I have way too many pets because I can't seem to turn down an animal needing a home.
I have a full time job but I also do a lot of volunteer work, mainly with Birmingham City Schools and a literacy program.
My husband is 9 years older than me and a completely lovable dork. I mean that in the best possible way.
I'm a good friend.

I love comments on my blog and interacting with people so feel free to comment, argue with me, tell me your opinion on issues, tell me about yourself...anything.

I've had a Live Journal for 5 years and am just starting to try out Blogger.

Now...if you are still with me and reading, a few more serious things about me:

I am 100% in love with my husband and even more important...I'm 100% committed to our marriage. I haven't always been able to say that. In fact, there was a season in my life that I almost walked away from him and my family for another person.

So...yes, I had an affair a few years ago. My husband found it in his heart to forgive me and we not only sought out counseling, we rebuilt our marriage from the ground up instead of just trying to put band-aids on our issues.

I'm not saying it always works out like this but God has used the affair I had for good. I have been able to counsel several couples and several women on both sides of the fence. "What you meant for evil, God has used for good..."

I spend half of my blog time talking about my observations about God and the other half talking about shoes, shopping and my kids so if that interests you, then please visit often, tell me what is going on in your head and please tell me if I can pray for you about anything. I am focusing on my prayer life a good bit over the next few months and I would love to pray for you and your needs.

Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again real soon!

4 comments:

Sherry Gann said...

Hey...love the new look! One little thing--your boys' ears are chopped off on the right side of my screen. She must have formatted it for a larger screen than my standard one. :) But other than that little quirk, I think it looks really, really good.

Sherry Gann said...

Oh yeah,...and I've known you over 20 years, but had no idea you liked licorice! :)

Unknown said...

That was an amazing post! You are a very sweet person!

love love love love love the new blog look!!!

Jess said...

Hey! I'm taking some time to catch up on your posts. It's awesome that you share all aspects of your life and heart here. What an awesome husband you must have... praise God for grace and forgiveness! Anyway, really enjoying getting to "know" you more :o)