Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Not So Stellar Night

I promise you that if a roving band of gypsies knocked on my door last night I would have given my two oldest children to them. I take that back...I would have PAID the gypsies to take them.

Maybe it is after Christmas energy or maybe they are tired of being cooped up with Gran and Grumps. I don't know.

I ended up blowing up at Patrick, who absolutely deserved to be punished, but I should have handled it better than I did.

John got home to a very cranky wife, one kid upstairs sulking, one kid downstairs crying because his older brother hurt his feelings and a sick baby.

I did have dinner on the table though so it wasn't a total disaster.

He gave me an hour to myself to unwind and get things back under control.

Now today I'll suffer Mom Guilt about how I should have sat down with them and talked it out and used it as a teachable moment.

But last night...yeah...gypsies.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I think we all have days like this. Don't be too hard on yourself.

My poor children are suffering the wrath of a mom who just wants all this Christmas stuff put away....yesterday!

Sherry Gann said...

Oh...the dreaded Mom Guilt! We all suffer from it now and again. You'll feel better when you've had a chance to apologize to Patrick for not handling the situation as well as you should have--by turning the missed teachable moment into a different kind of teachable moment. :)