Friday, December 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday...a day late.

Time got away from me yesterday and I never got around to posting...

Things I'm specifically thankful for right now:

1) The relationship I have with my husband and my kids

2) Our church family

3) Having men that are Christians in the leadership roles in my company

4) Sunshine


Please pray for the Kelley family. Mr. Kelley is in John's Top Gun group at church and his 21 year old stepson shot and killed himself yesterday afternoon. John and the Top Gun group went to the home last night to take food for the relatives and family that have gathered and he said it was pitiful. Mr. Kelley blames himself for this because there had been some tension between him and his stepson in years past. However, he had been telling the group that he thought things were getting better.

Such a very sad and tragic situation. Lift them up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thats so sad, i'm definitely praying!

Bonnie said...

Kristin, I will be praying for the Kelley family. Suicide is so difficult for a family. You may find some resources on our website, www.newpathcenter.org, that may be helpful to you and John as you walk with the Kelleys through their grief. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. You encourage me with your words.