Friday, December 19, 2008

Honesty

After my last post about the abortion I had, I've had a couple "How could you have done that" questions/comments.

I get that...I really do. Trust me I ask myself the same question often. How could I have? Knowing how much I treasure my boys? Knowing how wrong a choice for me it was? Knowing how many people have lost their children and cannot possibly understand willingly giving up life?

I can't justify my decision and I promise you there is nothing you can say to me that I haven't said to myself over the last few years about how horrible I was for the choice I made.

I can only tell you I was in sin...deeply. I'm sure we all have been there and have made choices we regret and can do nothing to reverse. I believe in God's grace and I believe he gives it to every one of us freely if we ask. I don't believe in levels of sin. It's all ugly. It's all wrong. God hates it all.

I really hope that this isn't an issue on which you feel you can no longer read my blog or want to steer clear but if you do feel that way, I accept that and still pray for anybody reading now or that has read in the past.

I've mentioned I'm an open book and sometimes it gets me in trouble but I fully admit I'm not perfect...far from it. On my very best day I still don't deserve God's grace. My BEST day is still unworthy of the grace God has given me.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me. I don't mind you posting a different perspective or asking me questions.

And if I've told you I've prayed for you in the past...I have and will continue to do so on any issue or topic you ask me to pray about.

2 comments:

Emily Ruth said...

Kristin~
You don't know me, but I linked to your blog through MLP. I just want to say thank you for your honesty. I know that letter was difficult for you to write, but you are taking something you regret and are doing your best to make good come from it. I also know that when we repent, God forgives perfectly. And if others judge you after putting yourself out there--they have the greater sin. If women like you didn't tell the truth about their feelings on abortion, the myth that there is never regret or mourning would be perpetuated. So thank you for your choice--to be honest. We all make mistakes and all we can do, is to be honest.

Amber said...

Kristin,
I will say again how grateful I am for your authenticity and honest nature.
Your story and your willingness to be so open about it exhibits true grace and an amazing witness that with God ALL things are possible...even the overcoming of sin and shame.

So glad to call you my new friend.

(this is totally off the subject...but, isn't it wierd that I have to type in "BEASTER" on your word verification....creepy!)