Tuesday, December 30, 2008

No more tears...and whole hearted

He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever. Revelation 21:4

Can you imagine a place like this? No tears. No pain. No crying. No death.

I was talking to a non Christian close friend this morning and we got around to talking about death. She told me she wishes she had faith because then she would have something to look forward to and believe there will be something more when we die. But, she believes once you die you are dead. There is nothing more.

What a sad way to go through life.

Something Josh reminded me of recently. I can't remember exactly when we started doing this but as I leave for my office each morning the boys are usually at the breakfast table, eating. I give them a kiss on the head and tell them I love them. Josh will ask me, "How much?" And I say..."My whole heart." This satisfies him and he goes back to his cereal and Sponge Bob. Yes...I let my kids watch Sponge Bob. Bygones...not the point of this.

When I was driving into the office...I do all my best thinking and talking to God and worshipping in my car on my half hour drive in...I thought about loving with my whole heart.

I can assure you I love my husband with my whole heart. I haven't always been able to say this in the last 8 1/2 years but in the last 2? Absolutely. I love my kids with my whole heart. And I love my friends with my whole heart. I love them warts and all and I accept them how they are. They disappoint me at times and they make me angry at times and they hurt me at times...but I love them whole hearted.

Do I love Jesus with my whole heart or do I hold back a portion? Do I chase after him with such passion that my heart explodes?

Now is the time I always think back over the year and make resolutions for the new year that I rarely keep. I'm still working on losing those 10 pounds from 2002.

I'm going to add "Love Jesus with my whole heart" to the list and see where it takes me.

Don't get me wrong...I love Jesus. I love worshipping. I love singing my heart out. I love studying my Bible. I love teaching the Small Group we teach. I love building the relationships I've built over the last few years.

But is it with my whole heart?

No comments: